Listening

This exercise is divided into two parts. The first one asks for listening to the silent in different places. The second one, consists in looking backt at one of the sequences that I filmed before and identify all the things that produce a sound and describe the sound after that. There's a list of sensations to link to these sounds. 

I started by the second part. The sequence that I picked it up was the story of the alcoholic who was alone at home - the instructions read that it had to be the project two the basis for this but there was no filming there so I went for project number three. There are five items that make noise here: the bottle, its top and the liquid within it, the bell ringing and the glass. So, let's see how they work when they are dissaciated from the narrative. 

The bottle. It sounds sharply and loudly when the guy leaves it over the table. It's probably one of the sounds that have more quality. You can hear it clearly. It's exactly the same for the glass, And I describe them as violence. I mean, they are in truth two knocks on the table that happen quickly and strongly. Like a beat. 

Then, I have the top of the bottle when is opened. The quality is not very good but you can hear how it goes along the mechanism to produce the action of liding. It sounds to me like a stream or a day out in the forest. Because it is something that has continuity and finally ends up in something else that is bigger - the sea in the case of the stream, the act of pouring liquid in the case of the bottle. 

The liquid - wine for this film - would be like the previous sound described but is also reminded me diver in the deep blue sea. So, although the quality is not good again, I would say that this sound could be described as blue and clear - we are in a coral reef. 

Finally and talking about the bell, it has to say that this is music so, aside that is played on the film in an audible volume, I think that an orchestra comes to my mind when I hear it. Probably a group of violinists. That's how O would describe this last sound.    

And now, the silence. I've listened to the silence in two different places. One was the bedroom, just after waking up. The other was the corridor of my floor. And these are my notes on this:

The silence in the bedroom is warm and slow. And you don't want to be anywhere but there. It seems like if you left the room, nasty things would happen to you. Moreover, this silent is so nice that you don't want to have anything breaking it. Not even a whisper. So, you're just there, enjoying that noise that represents peace and harmony. Aside from that, another thing that came to my mind when I was listening to this was a jigsaw with all its elements put rightly all together. 



Talking about the silence in the corridor, I have to say that I chose this one because I thought that it was going to be the opposite to the previous one. And that was exactly what I had. A silence which was very cold and goes fastly. A very uncomfortable lack of noise. And the only thing that you want is precisely not to stay, to get away as soon as possible. It's also the noise of work. And it's also the noise of that that you don't want to have it. Fear, uncertainty, distress. 



No hay comentarios: