A story in 5 frames (ii)

After my first attempt of telling a story in 5 frames, I was supposed to have a look at other student's sequences and try to answer the questions below:


  • What is the story?
  • What information is conveyed in each frame?
  • What information is necessary to understand the story?
  • What essential inforamtion has been left out and / or what is included unnecessary?


Well, firstly I'd like to start putting some points across about the "warmerthanhere" blog. Apparently, the story chosen has been Pinnochio. That's a real challenge because the story is quite complex. My colleague has made it simple by focusing on the boredom and loneliness that the capinter suffers. That's a good try and I really appreciate it. I think that above all, there must be a proper story and here there really is. When considering this angle, the information conveyed is enough to understand the story. I don't miss anything else. You can see that the man is bored, how he works on Pinocchio, the fary playing tricks on Pinnochio and the last scene where everyone seems to be happy.

On the other hand, it could be said that the second frame is a waste of resources. It's my understanding that you can combine it with the third one so as to illustrate the proccess of crafting the toy. Thus there would be a chance to extend the story in a last frame. Likewise, it could be possible to do the same with frames three and four. Perhaps in this manner it could have told the tale as is commonly known. 

The other work that I would like to analyse is the Emily's blog. The author has done Cindirella and, in my opinion, has done brilliantly. The frames are well selected and explain well the fairy tale in its entirety. Even though it's difficult to understand the struggles that Cindirella goes through being a kind of slave for her step mother and sisters, you can't deny that the main scenes are covered. The ball's invitation, the fairy godmother using its magic with Cinderella, the birthday party, the missing shoe and the final engagement. Well, it's true that the pumpkin coach has been dropped. That's a negative aspect given that this is a very significant element. As far as I concern, it's as important as the missing shoe. However, aside from that, this exercise can be considered as a good work.

Finally, I had to repeat the procees with another stoy, in this case a story of my own. So, here it goes, the tale of the triangle that lives in a world of sqaures. Enjoy it.