How to learn

Instructions: look back at a piece of work you have produced and make a list of achievements and reflections on some questions. 

I went over the camera angles work. I wanted to understand how the high and low angles work and interpret the feelings that are produced because of them. 

I specially focused on the emotions rather than showing some examples merely. That was because it was not difficult to find shots done by using these ideas but it was (and still is) difficult to see the intentions of the film maker. 

To identify what I achieved is enough to read the comments that go with each of the frames that I picked. There you can have a brief explanation of my views about the use of framing in order to convey specific impressions. In this manner I went for four high angles and one low one. With the high angles I put some frames across to illustrate some sensations such as hopeless, vulnerability or danger. I did the same for thw low angles. Furthermore, if you watch a film with me, you will realize that I'm all the time trying to dicover a meaning behind every shot that is not ordinary. 

I don't think that I achieved my goal completely as I'm still struggling to understand what's going on when the standar point of view is skipped to give one of these angled shots way. I guess that a lot of times is only a matter of imagination as there's not always an idea of alter the relationship between the viewer and the film. This is where I struggle. Why is this is happening just for aesthetics reasons? Perhaps the shot in that way is more beautiful that the one the logic would be asking for. 

On reflecting, I think that is better to focus on the weaker aeras and have a go at them. I think also that you will know well what these areas are after making some films. After watching them, it is very clear which parts you must improve. But it's better to move on and not being stuck with your previous fails. They must be there to compare with the new work. They have to be the measuring table to know if the things that were wrong are now right.   

No hay comentarios: